20 September, 2012

Save the Gridlock!

I sat in traffic for hours this afternoon because a water main broke.  A road closure near my town creates daily honking and gridlock (which will continue for 2 months).  

I usually don't care, but I occasionally drive a truck with hundreds of pounds of bikes and gear. As someone who has driven professionally for the last 5 years, I wish more people used alternative transportation.  Alternative transportation will free road space for those who need it most.

Luckily those plucky Brits have figured it out!  Since the roads are so busy being blocked by slow moving cars, we just need another set of roads in the sky for bikes.


For cities and countries that aren't as posh as London, we may need to use some of that plain old ground space for efficient transportation.