29 September, 2012

20th Critical Mass SF

San Francisco Critical Mass is a grassroots bicycle movement that has spread world-wide.

20 Years of Community Bike Rides

I really enjoyed seeing the city without the constant noise and terror of the automobile.  I saw some green bike paint and hollered through the Broadway Tunnel.  This was hands down the best way to experience our beautiful city!

thousands gather before the ride

I dedicated my ride to the ride to the 8th grade girl who was killed by an SUV in Novato.

This tragic event is yet another reminder that cars have long been a top cause of death.
-- --

In Larkspur city officials, engineers, and involved citizens (Taz) work to improve traffic safety.  I was delighted to drop in on this meeting about the bike path access earlier this week.

designing our streets to be safe should be a top concern


To end on a happy note, Mill Valley Middle School has been a blast.

MVMS 6th grade bike parking