Mountain bikes are versatile compared to road bikes, but neither make good city bikes.
Saddened by the sight of uncomfortable bikers, I've created a MTB to City Bike conversion guide.
- forward posture and a long reach to the handlebars creates pain and hinders visibility
- no racks to carry stuff
- tires don't prevent flats and don't perform well on roads
No more riding with fingertips!
City Bike Solutions
- sensible cruiser handlebars raise and sweep back for an easy, upright reach
- rear rack and/or front basket
- city tires with flat protection and a generous width
a box of comfort and convenience
As if magic, riders now feel relaxed and comfortable, no wonder these bikes are so popular!