17 October, 2009

Lagrange Fall Classic

The mountain town of Weaverville (pop. 3,500) has a sweet trails that compose the Lagrange Fall Classic.
Weaverville in yellow. 2+ hours of winding road inland.
Within the 23 miles and 2,800 feet of climbing are awesome descents along old earthen flume routes. The day before was a Super-D race (mostly downhill) that I sat out.

Racing is a good way to ride and not get lost.

Ryan and I met Russ and Karla from the Bay Area. We crashed their campsite and chatted bike nerd talk while eating smores and staring into the fire. Karla races on the SugarCRM road team and they both have legs.

My ride was smooth and I landed 3rd place in Expert 19-34 behind Russ with a time of 2:06.

Ryan landed 5th with mechanical issues (some not his own). Karla did well, but I think she was accidentally miscategorized. This race was the finals for the NorCal State Championship Series.

Russ w/a much better photo pose.
My new bronze hardware.

Everyone enjoyed the flowing trails and perfect weather.

-- --