14 April, 2009

about the Otter

I love the Sea Otter Classic.

The Sea Otter is the largest bicycle racing event in North America, and always one of the most important cross-country mountain biking events of the year. Big is not always bad. I like racing a group of 50 instead of 5.

I am also super stoked to witness our sport come together for four days, regardless of whether the bike is for road, mountain, down-hill, BMX, jumps, stunts, or plain old family recreation.

After all, in the end, it really is all about the bike.

Awesome things about the Sea Otter

-it's massive over 50,000 spectators & 10,000 athletes!

-Location: world Famous Laguna Seca Raceway near Monterey

-surrounded by many miles of Fort Ord BLM trails.

-Olympic qualifying event for XC (cross-country)

-the weather forecast is sunny 70's.

;-)

I'll be back Monday April 20th,
wish me luck!